Thursday, September 15, 2011

It Takes Two Hands to Clap

A wise Thai woman said to me this week: “Why do you fight? You know we have a saying in Thailand. It takes two hands to clap.”

Her words caught me off guard. But her point was quite clear. Why do I waste my time fighting pointless battles? Why do I let them bog me down? Sometimes the best choice in a fight is not to fight at all.

“Maybe you can learn something while you are in Thailand,” she said. I hope that continues to be the case.

In other news, the crow near school continues to stalk me, earrings or not. I’ve been perfecting my stare down technique and barking at the stupid thing.

Having discovered grilled bananas with caramel sauce, I’ve decided this is one of the most delicious snacks on the planet.

Khao Sarn Road and Siam Square are the two best places in Bangkok to get your cell phone stolen/pick pocketed. Shortly I’ll be shopping for cell phone number three.

School may have just resumed back in the states, but here we have semester one final exams beginning next week. I make no promises on the timing of updates for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment